P.A.Ravichandran, President P.Shanmugasundaram, Secretary M.Muthumani, Treasurer Read more
Core Committee Members of Civil Division View full list
SNEA TN Circle News
TN Circle office issued instruction regarding supply of DIARY-2015. Click here to view the letter copy.
Today Forum of Unions & Associations were invited by PGM (F) / TN Circle for discussion about staff related problems in ERP GO LIVE. Minutes will be uploaded tomorrow. After discussion, it is decided by the FORUM to request the CGMT / TN Circle to defer the GO LIVE program to Dec. 2014. - CS/TN.
Correction Slip no 02 to Delhi Schedule of Rates (Civil)-2014. View
Addendum to PAR-2012. View
Correction Slip no 01 to Delhi Schedule of Rates (Civil)-2014. View
Course on “Vigilance & Disciplinary proceedings” from 01.12.2014 to 05.12.2014 in RTTC, MM Nagar - Circular
Dear District Secretaries,
You are requested to Down load the SNEA Diary - 2015 purchase request letter and Purchase order format and submit the same to SSA office. Make arrangements to send the Purchase order copy to Circle Finance secretary at the earliest. Since we are printing only limited number of Diaries, it will be supplied on first cum first serve basis.
BSNL CO Orders:
Promotion in the grade of CE(C). View
Voluntary Retirement from Service in respect of SDE (Civil). View
Promotion of JTO (Civil)s to the grade of SDE(Civil) on the basis of Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (33% quota) held on 10.08.2008. View
Promotion in the grade of CE (C). View
BSNL CO Orders:
Adoption of CPWD Works Manual 2014 and DSR 2014 in BSNL. View
Expected IDA increase with effect from 01.10.2014 is 6.9%. Total 98.2%(91.3+6.9)
Action plan on Swachh Bharat on 2nd OCT 2014. View
BSNL CO orders:
Grant of promotion in Jt.GM/SE (NF) (E7) grade. View
TN Circle Orders:
ACTION PLAN ON SWACHH BHARAT ON 2.10.2014 (THURSDAY). View
WORKING DAY FOR ALL THE OFFICES/UNITS IN TAMILNADU CIRCLE. view
TN Circle Orders:
Change in Holiday on account of Deepavali. view
Disbursement of Imprest and Temporary Advance through Bank Account. view
BSNL CO orders:
Review DPC - Promotion to the grade of Superintending Engineer (Civil) in the P and T Building Works Service under the Department of Telecommunications in compliance with different CAT Orders . View
Clarification on application of yearly ceiling limit towards settlement of bills of outdoor treatment under BSNLMRS. View
TN Circle orders:
Regularisation of Service Connections (RSTC&GSM) on superannuation/Death/VRS/Transfer/Deputation. View
Modification in allocation of zone on promotion from JTO (C) to SDE(C) and transfer posting in the grade of SDE(Civil)-reg. View
Updation of Staff detials in HRMS Package. View
Lunch hour demonstration on 11th Sept, 2014—Mobilize all the Executives.
Make extensive preparations for the lunch hour demonstration on 11th Sept and Dharna on 18th Sept demanding E2, E3 pay scales, 30% superannuation benefit, Time Bound functional promotion or CPSU cadre hierarchy, JTO to SDE promotions, pay anomalies, Civil /Electrical issues, First TBP after 4 years, filling the vacancies on DE promotions etc. Mobilize all the Executives.
Leave to be entered on-line with effect from 15/09/2014 and withdrawal of SR-1 for leave. View
Updation and correction of HR entries. View
ERP training schedule of RTTC, Chennai. View
List of Closed Holidays for the Administrative and Operative Offices of BSNL Tamil Nadu Circle for the year 2015. View
LAA in the grade of Executive Engineer (Civil) – orders issued by the PCE (C) office for Trichy and ABP, Chennai – view order copy
A National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) project, Tagore Film Centre was built by NFDC, with project management by the civil engineering wing of BSNL..... Read more on the news published in ‘THE HINDU’, in English, in Tamil
Regarding grant of benefit of financial upgradation under Time bound executive promotional policy. View
BSNL Employees Industrial Dearness Allowance (IDA) Rates from 01-10-2014 expected to be increased highly above 6%…Based on this average of Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers-CPI(IW), Industrial Dearness Allowance (IDA) rates of BSNL Employees to be increased upto 6.6% which raises to 97.9% from 1st October 2014 from existing BSNL IDA rates.
BSNL CO Orders:
Holding of additional charge of EE(C)-EP Delhi. view
Retirement on superannuation for the month August 2014. view
Post card campaign on 03.09.2014:
All CSs, SSA Secretaries and Branch Secretaries are requested to send the post cards to CMD/BSNL, Secretary / DoT, DIR(CM / Fin), BSNL, DIR(CFA) / BSNL and GM(SR) / BSNL.
Correction Slip No.3 to DSR 2013. view
Release of DSR 2014. view
CPWD Works Manual 2014. view
Looking After Arrangement in the grade of SDE (C) - Options called by the PCE (C) office from the eligible JTOs - view letter
Immediate kind intervention solicited to appropriately modify the amendments being contemplated to BSNLMS RRs-2009 in respect of Civil/Electrical/Arch etc. to accomplish the basic objective of bringing about complete parity in RRs regulating functional promotions of all executives. Proposed amendments are futile since they are deficient in achieving the much awaited objective of parity and allow continuance of discrimination.....GS writes to CMD - View Copy of the letter
Promotion from Sr. Architect(JGM)(E-7) to Addl. Chief Architect(NF)(E-9). view
Com.A.Shanmuga Sundara Rajan, Circle Secretary, Ch.TD, Com.P.Shanmugasundaram DS Civil division and Com.I.M.Venkataraaman, COS, TN met PGM (F), Ch.TD on 11.08.2014 in his chamber and discussed the issues of merger of Civil units with existing accounting zones for the implementation of ERP. We requested him to consider the proposal of merging all the units of Civil Wing to Head Quarters accounting zone.He informed that the proposal of merger of civil accounts with the respective zones presently available is only for two months and at the time of real implementation of ERP i.e. w.e.f. 01.10.2014, only 5 accounting zones will exist and all the units will be merged within these zones. If any change is required in the above system, the CE (C) may take decision and convey the same for consideration.As far as administrative powers, hierarchy, financial powers of Civil Wing officers, passing of bills etc will remain the same
Creation of BSNL mail ID to employees – view letter
Com.A.Shanmuga Sundara Rajan, Circle Secretary, Chennai Telephones, Com.P.Shanmugasundaram DS Civil division and Com.I.M.Venkataraaman, COS met CE Civil on 08.08.2014 and discussed the issues of merger of Civil division with existing zones for the implementation of ERP. We have submitted a letter in this regard – view CS letter, Photos Ch.TD order Copy, CE (C) letter to CGM
Empanelment of Hospital for all BSNL Units in Chennai. View
Transfer / posting in the grade of EE(C). view
Approval for abandonment of construction of administrative building project at NSC Bose Road, Chennai. view
Retirement in the grade of PGM(BW). View
Retirement on superannuation for the month of July 2014. View
Availing in-patient treatment in Private Hospitals – intimation to MRS Officers for settlement of bill. View
Membership verification shall bring unity among the Executives:
BSNL Management proposes to hold the membership verification among Executives Associations which SNEA (I) has been demanding for years together. Unlike other CPSUs in various sectors, where single Association represents the entire Executives, in BSNL, several Associations exist due to legacy. One of the major objectives of membership verification is to end this multiplicity and bring about unity among the Executives. Multiple Associations will only strengthen the hands of the Management and delay or deny the genuine cadre interests. We are witnessing this during the last few years.
To face the membership verification, SNEA (I), has come out with a Manifesto which spells out the vision and future agenda of the Association. SNEA (I) is fully committed to the growth of the company and the career progression of the Executives. Our agenda and focus for the next three years is as follows.
1. Make the organization fully profitable in another three years. Intervene in Government policy making with appropriate suggestions to protect the public sector against intrusion, disinvestment and encroachment. Ensure job security to the young comrades recruited by BSNL and DoT.
2. Emphasis to be laid on modern Management with greater role and involvement of the middle management.
3. A responsible, professional and corruption-free top management which has stakes in the welfare of the Company and only the Company. Deputation of ITS from DoT into BSNL should end. Legal and organizational actions will be pursued vigorously.
4. No subsidiaries by breaking BSNL into pieces.
5. Start preparations for 3rd PRC due in 2017, fully focusing on the growth of the company.
6. Implementation of 30% superannuation benefits in respect of Direct Rect BSNL employees and Executives in particular as per DPE guidelines.
7. Implementation of standard pay scales of E2, E3, ----, E7 w.e.f 01.01.2007 for the Executives in BSNL. The disparity in pay between the Executives recruited prior to and after 01.01.2007 to be resolved.
8. To fill up all the vacancies in all cadres as on date by promotion from JTO/JAO to SDE/AO, SDE/AO to DE/CAO, DE/CAO to DGM in different wings through DPCs and LDCEs till Time Bound Functional promotion is implemented.
9. Introduction of LDCE in AO promotion also. Conduction of LDCE on a year to year basis till Time Bound Functional promotion is implemented.
10. Introduction of Time Bound Functional promotion or CPSU cadre hierarchy in BSNL with strong focus on performance. It should not be linked with existing seniority or availability of post. Evolve a fast track mechanism in CPSU cadre hierarchy itself for faster promotions to fill up the Top management positions in future from among the internal candidates.
11. Resolution of EPF anomalies, centralized EPF payment at least Region wise, exploring the possibility of switching over to Full Pension option.
12. Association stands fully committed to safeguard legitimate interests of SC/ST Comrades in accordance to the provisions of the constitution and orders of DOP&T issued from time to time with regard to their seniority, promotional quota, postings etc.
13. All consequential benefits of 78.2% IDA merger from 01.01.2007 like HRA, PUC, arrears etc. For the pensioners, actual benefits from 01.01.2007.
14. Amendment to BSNLMS RR to end adhocism by increasing the Regular promotion quota from 50% to 75% in Finance / Civil / Electrical/ Arch wings at par with Telecom wing to have uniformity in promotions.
15. Pension revision in 2017 without linking it with pay revision.
16. Maintain uniformity in first time bound up-gradation i.e. four years in respect of all Executives w.e.from 01.10.2000.
17. Amendment to BSNLMS RR for bringing uniformity in promotion in Civil / Electrical/ Arch wings at par with Telecom and Finance wings.
18. Total parity in pay scales between the two wings- Civil/Elect/Arches and Finance by extending Group B pay scales notionally w.e.f 01.10.2000 to JTO(C/E/Arch) and SDE (C/E/Arch) on lines similar to JAO pay scales.
19. Notional date of promotions to the LDCE candidates as per court order.
20. Regularization of officiating JTOs and JTO rect, both Dept & Outsider quota.
21. TTA to JTO (Dept) outsider, pay loss to be addressed.
22. Perks like Transport allowance to be hiked and All India LTC, Medical payment without voucher etc to be reintroduced.
This verification process should ultimately lead to unity among all the Executives. No more multiplicity to play in the hands of the Management. Let all Executives in BSNL work for that, for the future of the Executives.
BSNL MRS Bill Claims – Check list - instructions. view
Organization of Hindi Fortnight 2014. view
Transfer of Land Assets from DoT to BSNL in Tamil Nadu – expediting of mutation process. view
DEC Meeting at Puducherry
The Second DEC meeting of SNEA (I), Civil District, Tamil Nadu Circle was held at Puducherry on 02/08/2014. The well-organized DEC meeting was presided by Com.P.A.Ravichandran, District President. Com. S.Saravanan, ADS delivered welcome address.
President, District Secretary and Circle OS were addressed the gathering about the issues already taken up with administration, Circle and CHQ. DS and Treasurer Reports were submitted and discussed in the meeting.
The following points were also discussed during the meeting.
1. Implementation of ERP and its implications in Civil Wing
2. Extending Group B pay scales notionally w.e.f 01.10.2000 to JTO(C)/SDE (C) on lines similar to JAO pay scales.
3. Regular promotion in the grade of SDE (C)/EE (C)
4. Amendment of BSNL MS RR for early promotion in the grade of EE (C)
5. Membership verification among Executive Association
The meeting was concluded with vote of thanks by Com.P.A.Ravichandran
We convey our sincere thanks to our Puducherry comrades for their well made arrangements for the DEC meeting.
Com.S.Arunachalam, SDE (C), Salem and Com.K.Pitchai, SDE (C), Madurai are retiring today on attaining superannuation.
Today (15/07/2014) CS/TN with our CIVIL Divn. Comrades met DIR.(NB), CGMs of TN CIRCLE, CHTD, STR , STP & PCE (CIVIL) on Courtesy call and discussed about the recent postings in SDE (CIVIL) LDCE passed / Seniority cum Fitness candidates and requested for their RETENTION in Tamilnadu. DIR (NB) assured us that he will try to help in this matter as soon as he reaches Corporate office / BSNL. We express our sincere thanks to DIR(NB) & PCE/CIVIL/TN Circle. - CS/TN.
JTO (C) to SDE (C) promotion orders – Retention to TN Circle
All the 4 JTOs promoted as Regular SDE through SCF and LDCE are posted to AP circle as per the orders issued by the BW section on 4th and 9th July 2014.
We took the case to CE (C), TNCZ and requested him to take immediate necessary action for retaining them in TN Civil Zone citing available vacancies in the SDE (C) cadre and also near future vacancies due to retirement and promotion to EE (C) etc. and also acute shortage in JTO (C) cadre.
CE (C), TNCZ has written a letter to PGM (BW) on 10/07/2014 for retention of them in TN Civil Zone.
As already intimated, the case is pursued by our Circle Secretary with CHQ for retention.
DPE out rightly rejects the proposal sent by DOT recently to allow BSNL to introduce replacement scales of E1A and E2A for JTO/JAOs and SDE/AOs in BSNL based on the decision of the BSNL Board.
This Association has had been having consistent interaction with the concerned officers in DPE for the last about three months to impress upon them and convince them not to take an exception to the proposal of DOT to allow BSNL to introduce non-standard IDA replacement scales of E1A and E2A in BSNL for JTO/SDEs in the context of guidelines issued by DPE to all the CPSUs not to extend non standards IDA scales. DPE has further directed DOT to correct any aberration, if at all, in this regard.
With the rejection of proposal by DPE, our demand to extend standard IDA scales of E2 and E3 for JTO/JAOs and SDE/AOs gets strengthened since BSNL Management very recently during our organizational actions made a firm commitment to us that it will consider our demand of extending standard pay scales of E2 and E3 with an open mind in case DPE takes a contrary view to the decision of BSNL Board to allow extending replacement IDA scales of E1A and E2A to JTOs, SDEs etc. This is a very positive development and surely brings us closer to resolution of our demand of extending standard pay scales of E2 and E3 for JTOs, SDEs etc.
This Association has had series of discussions with concerned officers in DPE on this issue. CHQ president and GS had a detailed discussion on this issue with Secy/DPE and JtSecy/DPE nearly three months before and succeeded in impressing upon them to reiterate to DOT that BSNL must switch over to standard IDA scales approved by Govt. based on the recommendations of 2nd PRC and immediately correct any anomalous situation that prevails in BSNL with regard to existence of non-standard IDA scales. This is a big milestone as far as resolving the issue of extending standard scales of E2 and E3 to JTO/JAOs, SDE/AOs etc is concerned and gives us huge strategic leverage to get the issue resolved.
BSNL CO Orders:
Promotion in the grade of EE (Civil). view
Promotion in the grade of SE (Civil). view
Transfer posting in EE Grade. View
Transfer Posting in the grade of EE(C). View
Promotion in the grade of SDE (Civil) under LDCE quota (33%) – the long awaited posting orders are released by the CO today. View
All our 3 comrades are posted to AP Circle. The case is taken up with the CHQ through our Circle Secretary and our AGS (Civil) for accommodating them in TN Circle.
Retirement of Civil Wing Executives for the month of June 2014 – view order copy
IDA rates w.e.f. 01.07.2014- Board level and below Board level posts including non-unionised supervisors in CPSEs – view CO order
Lunch hour Demonstration conducted today, in support of our KERALA COMRADES in front of CGM, TN Circle office
Lunch / closing hour demonstration at Circle / SSA Head Quarters on 09.07.2014.
In total solidarity and support to our Kerala Comrades who are on indefinite hunger strike for the last 14 days from 25.06.2014 and Work According to Rule from 07.07.2014, against the CGMT who destroys the good work culture and systems prevailing in Kerala Circle and for protecting the Circle, lunch/closing hour demonstration will be held at Circle / SSA HQs on 09.07.2014. Make all preparations for making the programme a grand success in support of our comrades.
BSNL CO Orders:
Modification in Policy for grant of concessional telephone facility to retired/retiring employees of BSNL. view
It is proposed to conduct the DEC meeting of our SNEA (I), TN Civil Division on02/08/2014 at Pondicherry. Details will be published shortly.
Retirement in the grade of CE(C) – view order copy